Monday, July 21, 2008

Jesus loves her more than he loves me?

I have a MySpace account. A number of my MySpace friends are people I actually know! Imagine that! Most of them I would say are my friends. A few (very few) are people I knew in high school or college and may not have actually socialized with. But who really cares. Its just a social networking site. I post things, they post things. If I want to read it or look at their pics I can. Its fun and a great way to loose a few hours of your life.

I made a "friend request" once of two sisters I played soccer with in High school. I was not shopping buddies with them. I didn’t not like them however. We just didn’t hang in the same social circle. They did not accept my invitations. Ok, fine. I always thought they were snotty MK’s anyhow (MK = missionary kid). Oh I know-Sounds like I am jealous, or was at one point. But I wasn’t. I just didn’t ‘get’ why everyone thought they were the big cheese. Frankly I thought they were kinda snotty AND self-righteous. ;)

I did notice however that one of them had a headline of “Jesus loves me more than you” Ummm… he does? I didn’t know that. Where in the bible pray tell does it say that Jesus, the son of God, the personification of God our Father, loves us differently? Did I miss something in my years of church? All the Sunday mornings I say in Mrs. Sprankle’s Sunday school class at Gates Assembly of God Church, the 4 years at Northstar Christian Academy, and then 4 ½ (I changed majors a lot) years at Houghton College I never heard anyone tell me God will love some one more than he loves you.

God our Father. We are told our parents won’t love us more or less than a sibling. OK, fine. Since God is our Heavenly Father shouldn’t that hold true for him as well?

But maybe missionary kids are loved more??? I mean, they have to spend years in 3rd world countries, wearing not exactly the coolest of fashions, not having access to all the lasted pop culture items, and having to be Godly examples for the locals 24/7. Oh man! I guess maybe that he could love them more than he loves me.

But in reality… I doubt it. I can’t find the God loves someone more than he loves me verse in the Bible. He loves everyone. EVERYONE! The MK, the PK (Pastor’s Kid), the meth addict, the whore, the average Joe sitting in the third pew every Sunday, the guy who stole your parking spot at the mall, and me… he loves us all just the same.
What is my headline? “Body Piercing Saved My Life.” Go ahead and ask me what that means!

No comments: