Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Going the Distance


I recently took a day trip to Magic Forest with my family (in-laws included). My 3 year old wanted me to ride a ride with her. Being the wonderful and loving mom I am- I rode it. My husband was so kind as to take pictures of me crammed into a small helicopter.

The next day when I transferred the pictures from the camera to the computer I saw the myself. Dreadful! I need to loose weight. I don’t want to be that mom. I don’t want to keep saying “Well, I have had two children and its ok to look like this”. In reality, I hate looking like this.

I don’t tend to look for signs, but recently it seems like a number of people I know are runners or are beginning to run for their health. So, I consider that a sign…peer pressure maybe… to get off my duff and get moving. I am not going to say that I will run a marathon. Ever. What I will say is that I am going to begin by walking and by October 1st, I would like to be running a 12 minute mile.

So, today I began my journey.
I bought some fancy running sneakers.
I downloaded a motivational podcasts.
I downloaded some iTunes walking and running compilations.
I have decided to walk at night after the kids have gone to bed.

I will be a fit momma for my children’s sake, for my husband’s appreciation and for my own health.
Check back for an update!

1 comment:

Sarah Elliott said...

What no marathon???? :)
Remember that the hardest part is getting started....
One reason I love runinng is it is the only alone time I have most days. That itself is worth it.
Love you!