Saturday, July 12, 2008

"I want a fun mom"

It was hot outside today. No duh, right? Its JULY lady!
I filled the kiddie pool for my 3 year old. She loves water and insists on making puddles in the backyard. Once the pool was finally full. I turned off the hose when she decided to make a lake next to the pool. Needless to say, she threw a fit. She's 3...what can I expect for ruining her fun.

The kicker was she told me a few minutes after her meltdown that she was going to have a new mommy who was fun. I don't react to those comments anymore. Frankly, I am too tired to react. A few moments later my husband came outside. Our calm daughter told him she was getting a new mom. A fun mommy. He asked her if she was getting a new daddy. She said no, she would keep him. He said he went with mommy. She said "Oh...well, I guess I'll get a new daddy too". Strangely enough she would like keep her little brother. He doesn't crawl yet (he is 4 mos old). Ask me in a few months how she feels about keeping him!

No comments: