Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I make fancy sandwiches.

I posted a link on Facebook yesterday to Funky Lunch where they provide instructions on how to make a Tow Mater sandwich. I have a 3 year old son who prefers Mater to McQueen. So, I knew this sandwich would be a huge hit. And I love to brag share my findings on face book.

A friend commented that I have too much time on my hands to be making such things. There was an initial twinge of guilt. Yeah, maybe I should do more laundry. She is right. I then took a step back. No. I don;t have to feel guilty about making fancy lunches for my kids. I am a stay at home mom. Its my job to make these memories. Its why I am at home with them. She make the choice to work and I made the choice to take this path. She edits copy, over sees the publication of special topic inserts for our local paper, and dresses like a woman. I make fancy sandwiches, I melt crayons on rocks, I cut paper and glue it to abandoned shoe boxes and wear t shirts and yoga pants most days. This is my job.

I love my job. So why do I feel guilty?

No comments: