Monday, August 22, 2011

And so it begins...

Monday. I begin my 5k training today. I found a great podcast on iTunes (by 5k101) that I hope and pray will help me. I also plan to get some new running shoes at some point in the next 2 weeks. Gonna try the Vibram Five Fingers since my runner/cyclist brother swears by them.

What will running be fore me? I hope that it will give me time to let my mind wander, let my stress out, and get back a bit more of my pre-wife body.

UPDATE: Yeah... running did not start as soon as I had planned it to. I hurt my foot. No idea how. Maybe it was psychosomatic. But I started my training last night. Up the hill I went. And down the hill I came. It was a good time. I think I'll do it again tomorrow. OH! I did not buy the Vibrams. I bought (or rather my MIL did) some Ryka running shoes. Super light and felt great.





No comments: